"Being a Paraoptometric - correction a MARYLAND Paraoptometric - means we get to be on the front lines of a growing field in the world of Optometry in our State. We get the opportunity to make our voices heard as we seek education, change, growth, and recognition. Best of all - there is no cost to join the MOA Paraoptometric section! Simply sign up and get involved!"
All paraoptometrics/optometric staff of AOA member ODs may become AOA associate members and have access to all current Paraoptometric Resource Center (PRC) member benefits and services, at no membership cost to the paraoptometric and no added membership cost to the AOA-member optometrist. Paraoptometrics interested in gaining access to these resources should request that their AOA member OD enroll them.
Take full advantage of this milestone moment to offer paraoptometric staff expanded education and training opportunities, as well as other benefits, including:
- Online continuing education (CE)articles worth six hours of CE credits.
- Paraoptometric Skill Builder® Beginner Level 1 program
- Billing and Coding webinar series
- Access to member-only web pages
- Discounted fees for paraoptometric education materials
- Reduced registration fees for Optometry’s Meeting®
- Log-in to www.aoa.org
- Under the Optometrist tab, click on My Profile/My AOA
- Click on the “Manage Staff” tab
- Enter information for each staff person (non-OD)
For additional information visit aoa.org/paraoptometrics.
Decoding the Paraoptometric
Paraoptometric Certification & Resources PowerPoint Presentation
Rosemarie Lobley-VanZant, MOA Paraoptometric Committee Chair
Join Now: Become a Member
As an MOA/AOA member, you'll be supporting advocacy efforts that help advance and protect the profession. Plus, you'll get access to exclusive continuing education programs and clinical resources.